Himalayan Ascent and EverestOne shared a great season this past Spring. Sharon Cohrs led a trek to Everest base camp and Allan Cohrs (EverestOne) led a successful expedition on Lhotse. Allan and Raul summited Lhotse on 16th May following the summit rope fixing team. We also had a summit on Everest and climbs on Lobuche so all round a brilliant start to 2017.

Lhotse Expedition

Western Cwm-West face

Heading home 1PM

Whilst teams are building on the Western Cwn and on the South Col (~35 climbers have delayed summit bids due to strong winds and are waiting out another day for an attempt tonight, hopefully with plenty of oxygen!), we are glad to be back in Lukla and away from those crowds. We took the more exciting option of a helicopter to cut the journey from base camp to Lukla.

The team arrived back at base camp at lunchtime. As they rest, eat, wash and think about packing, the crowds are starting to develop above. Groups are beginning to prepare for a summit push over the next few days.

Resting at Camp 2 4PM

Everyone is resting at Camp 2, except Chris who has already headed back to BC with Chirring. We certainly had a tough team this year. Margaret, Peter, Warren and Chris, all experienced climbers, impressed our guides throughout the rotations with their strong fitness, positive attitudes and good adaptability to high altitude. Here's a message that Steve (Margaret's husband) asked to be posted:

Our teams had a successful morning. Young Chirring picked up where the fixing team left off on Lhotse and fixed the last 300m of the summit blocks, and summited at 10.30am this morning. Chris summited at 11.30am with Lakpa and Pasang.

We're proud of Chirring for the first summit of the 4th highest mountain this season! Previously a monk and now a young guide, Chirring has the luck of his uncle Lakpa's climbing genes. Great news on Everest too. The group set off at 9pm last night under calm and cold conditions. Peter summited at 6.30am with Nima and Mingma.

The plan from Camp 3 1.30PM

The team reached Camp 3 at 1PM today. As expected it's a little windy but this should ease off by the evening. Tonight they'll sleep with supplemental oxygen to prime them for the next stage, hopefully tomorrow if the weather holds, they'll move to Camp 4 of Everest and Lhotse.

Heading up 7AM

They're heading up! This morning the group left at 2am, they've passed Camp 1 and are heading to Camp 2 for lunch.

It wasn't quite as hot today in the Western Cwn so the entire group made it to Camp 2 by morning tea.

Waiting game continues 7AM

The boys finished setting up the 2 C4 and dropped off oxygen loads last week. Our original plan was to head up to C2 tomorrow, on the tail of the Everest summit fixing team (Lhotse is all set), to start our summit bid. However now timing is a tad uncertain given the winds expected during our summit dates. This could mean waiting a few extra days.

We left Camp 3 early this morning and we enjoyed the delights of Anil's cooking (at 6600m!) back in Camp 2. After breakfast, we climbed back down and now everyone is back at base camp. That's it, the final rotation is DONE! And now we rest and wait.

Finally we're at Camp 3 and we're the first team to sleep the night here. It's not exactly pleasant at 7200m on the Lhotse face, but we're here! Everyone reached camp by 2pm (Margaret, Warren, Chris, Peter, Lakpa, Ang Kaji, Dendi and Pasang).

Page 1 of 3